Saturday 25 May 2013

FIRST POST! YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Compact and UV Shield Review


Hey! My first ever blog post:)


At the beginning of this month, I went to IFC along with a friend, and I bought a couple of things from the YSL at Harvey Nichols.



Le Teint Touche Eclat Compact


This is what I have wanted to try ever since my friend told me all these wonderful things about this foundation, and the weather in Hong Kong is getting a bit hot these days, as well as my very own pot of Covermark foundation has been emptied by me before this, so I decided that I would give this a go. I wanted something light weight for the hot weather in the summer...



As always, YSL products have amazing packaging. I always wipe off any fingerprints with a cloth after using this golden compact. The compact was purchased separately from the powder pan. The beautiful case costs HKD$150 and the powder pan costs HKD$335.  The shade I bought was B30.



The mirror inside actually goes all the way to the edge of the container, which is very useful as it is big and clear. The compact contains a sponge which I don't use. I use a tear-shaped sponge to apply this powder foundation instead as I find the sharp end of the tear works better on my face as it powder around my nose etc.
The YSL-embossed powder is so fine that leaves a very light and silky finish on the skin. It does prevent my face from getting shiny as the day progresses. As I have mentioned it is a light finish therefore I normally apply my MAC mineralize concealer before I use the powder. This is suitable for humid Asian climate, the liquid version might be more suitable if you are in a dryer place. 

Le Teint Touche Eclat Compact is actually one of the two foundations that come out this summer, the other foundation being Le Teint Touche Eclat UV. I actually bought this other one yesterday in Sogo Thankful Week (another time for this story) and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. These two foundations is Asia exclusive (Sorry, rest of the world!) as these foundations here specifically deals with the foundation problems Asian women encounter when the weather is hot and humid.



This compact came with a black velvet bag, which has the classic YSL logo on it. This bag does a great job at preventing scratches on the beautiful mirror compact. Also, the lady at the counter said that the bag will actually keep the powder from shattering when you drop it carelessly. However I am not quit digging the whole velvet part: it attracts dust like a magnet attracts metals! Kinda gross to be honest. Otherwise this whole compact is beautifully designed. It is so handy to bring it out in my handbag, so convenient.



Top Secrets UV Shield


This is the other product I bought on that same visit. The lady suggested this as the base before I apply the Touche Eclat powder. This is the YSL UV Shield in the Top Secret Collection which has SPF 50-PA++++. I apply this after I put on my moisturiser.  It is quite liquidy like normal sunscreens, however it does not leave you that horrible whiteness on your face after is it applied. And of course YSL is famous for their scented products, and I have to admit that because of this I look forward smelling this base everyday. It just makes the process of putting on make up even more enjoyable that it was before! I think this base is brilliant : it has a high SPF to protect your skin from the UV rays, it has an amazing smell, and my make up stays on pretty much throughout the day.  However this is actually quite pricey : I bought it at the price of HKD$400, insane for a tiny tube of sunscreen right?! I don't think I will repurchase the base after I finish it because it is simply quite unaffordable.
Overall, I think the compact does an incredible job on me and I am glad that I bought it, the UV shield is great, but simply too expensive for me to go back to it's embrace when I finish this tube.



I hope you have enjoyed my first ever blog post!
Please spare literally like 20 seconds to leave me a comment and suggestions:)



Love,
Ronnie x

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I bought this foundation and was curious what others thought of it and landed on your blog. It was a lot more expensive in SG :( do you feel that this lasts very long throughout the day? What about the coverage? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sorry about the late reply! This foundation gives a light to medium coverage. It does last for quite long (i always use the UV shield as base first), I start too feel a bit oily around the T-zone after 4-5 hours. I guess it depends on the type of skin you have.

      Delete